Every year in the country of India, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts several exams to select candidates for different posts in government banks. For the Clerical post, the IBPS Clerk exam is organized in 11 PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) banks of the nation.
This article will provide all the important information regarding the IBPS Clerk examination.
Exam Date 2021 of IBPS Clerk Examination
• The notification release date of the IBPS Clerk exam was 6th October 2021.
• The admit cards for the IBPS Prelims exam will be released in November 2021.
• December 2021 is the exam date for the IBPS Prelims Clerk exam.
• The results for the IBPS Prelims will be announced in December 2021 or January 2022.
• In January 2022, the admit cards for the IBPS Mains exam will be published.
• The exam date for the IBPS Mains Clerk exam is January 2022.
• April 2022 is declared as the date for the provisional allotments of the IBPS Clerk exam.
The Eligibility Criteria For The IBPS Clerk Exam
There are 3 factors that decide whether a person is eligible to give the IBPS Clerk examination or not. These characteristics are age, nationality and educational qualification.
• The candidate appearing for this examination should be an Indian.
• The aspirants belonging to the age group of 20-28 years are capable of applying for the IBPS Clerk exam. There is age relaxation for the candidates of the reserved category.
• The educational qualification required for the application of this exam is that the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in any subject. Also, they should have some knowledge about their local language and the computers.
Online Application Process Of The IBPS Clerk Exam
To fill the application form for this examination various documents are required. The list of these documents is given below:
• Self-Declaration (Handwritten)
• Graduation Mark Sheet
• Post Graduation Mark Sheet (if available)
• LTI – Left Thumb Impression
• Passport-sized Photograph
The scanned documents should be given in the dimensions prescribed by the IBPS.
Steps To Apply For The Registration Form
• Step 1 – Browse the website of ‘ibps. in’
• Step 2 – A webpage will appear. Click on the application link for the IBPS Clerk exam.
• Step 3 – Tap the option of ‘New Registration’.
• Step 4 – A form will come up on the screen of the device. In that form, fill all the necessary details like name, parent’s name, DOB, etc.
• Step 5 – After doing verification, click on the save button and tap on the Next button.
• Step 6 – Candidates have to upload all the mandatory documents.
• Step 7 – In this step, a page will open where students have to fill in their educational and professional qualifications.
• Step 8 – At last, students have to pay the registration fee through credit cards, debit cards or net banking.
• Step 9 – For being on a safer side, candidates must take a printout of the registration form and the bank receipt.
Procedure To Download The Admit Card
The admit card is necessary to sit in the examination hall. Without it, the candidate will not be able to give the examination. Aspirants must check all the details in the admit card before downloading it. Here are the steps for getting the admit card:
• Step 1 – Press the Enter button after writing ‘ibps. in’ in the address bar.
• Step 2 – Students will discover an option of Clerk CRP on the left-hand side of the webpage.
• Step 3 – After that, students have to tap the option of download to get the IBPS Clerk examination Admit card.
• Step 4 – The admit card will get downloaded.
The Curriculum Of The IBPS Clerk Exam
The aspirants need to know about the IBPS Clerk Syllabus. Knowing about the syllabus will enable them to prepare better for the examination. There are a total of 5 subjects that come in the curriculum of the Prelims and the Mains exam. Beneath are the topics included in these 5 subjects:
• English Language
1. Fill in the blanks
2. Spotting grammatical errors
3. Cloze test
5. Idioms and phrases
6. Para jumbles
7. Sentence improvement
8. Vocabulary based questions
• Logical Ability
2. Blood relations
5. Sitting arrangement
6. Direction test
7. Odd one out
8. Order and ranking
9. Input and output
• Quantitative Aptitude
1. Number series
2. Profit, loss and discount
3. LCM and HCF
4. Quadratic equations
7. Data sufficiency
9. Combination and permutation
10. Ratio and proportion
11. Distance, time and speed
13. Simple and compound interest
• Computer Aptitude
1. Communication and networking
2. Hardware and software system
3. Introduction to computers
4. Basics of MS-Office
5. Hacking system
7. Windows operating system
• Financial/ General Awareness
1. Banking awareness
2. Banking basics
3. Current affairs
4. Monetary plans and budgets of the government
5. India’s Financial system
6. Honours and awards
7. Static GK
The Exam Pattern Of The IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam
• Section 1 – English Proficiency
There are a total of 30 questions each of 1 mark. Therefore, the total mark of this section is 30.
• Section 2 – Mathematical Ability
In this portion, there are 35 questions. 1 mark is allotted to each question. The maximum number of marks of this section is 35
• Section 3 – Reasoning Ability
This section also includes 35 questions. As each question is of 1 mark hence this portion is of 35 marks.
The Blueprint Of The IBPS Clerk Mains Exam
• Section I – English Proficiency
Maximum marks – 40
• Section II – General / Financial Awareness
Total marks – 50
• Section III – Logical and Computer Ability
Maximum marks – 60
• Section IV – Calculative Ability
Total marks – 50
Negative Marking In the IBPS Clerk Exam
In the question paper of the IBPS Clerk Prelims and Mains Exam, there is a system of negative marking. One-fourth of the 25 per cent marks obtained in the exam are deducted for attempting the question incorrectly. There is no deduction of marks in unattempted questions.
Method To Download The Result Of The IBPS Clerk Examination
• Step 1. Go to the website of ‘ibps. in’
• Step 2. Click the option of Clerk CRP
• Step 3. Hit the option of IBPS Clerk Result
• Step 4. Check the result