Digital Marketing and SEO are the two terms that are becoming familiar to an increasing number of people in recent years. With the boost given to the digital environment by the Covid pandemic, more and more organizations and agencies are targeting customers and clients through digital means.
Digital Marketing is defined as a company’s marketing activity through digital and online modes like the Internet and various social media websites. The industry, which stood at a mere ₹47 billion in 2015 and ₹199 billion in 2020, is expected to be worth around ₹539 billion by 2024 [Source: statista.com].
This sector is an amalgamation of various departments, including Marketing, Sales, Content, Business Analysis, etc. Digital Marketing activities are performed in multiple modes like SEO, SMO, SEM, SMM, etc., of which SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the most popular. There has been a manifold increase in the job openings related to Digital Marketing and SEO lately, as opportunities are continuously increasing.
Some of the best cities to work for Digital Marketing in India are Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, and Kolkata. Of all these, Delhi has emerged as a hub for Digital Marketing jobs and offers lucrative career growth opportunities to aspirants. The average salary for Digital Marketing in Delhi is ₹5,05,000 for the managerial role [Source: payscale.com].
What are the Top Digital Marketing Jobs in Delhi?
Digital Marketing offers various job roles to candidates, depending upon the subdomain in which they expertise. The table below lists the top 20 job roles in Digital Marketing.
|Job Role||Average Salary Package|
|Digital Marketing Manager||₹ 5,45,000|
|Digital Marketing Lead||₹ 5,05,000|
|Marketing Research Analyst||₹ 3,37,000|
|Content Manager||₹ 5,49,000|
|Analytics Specialist||₹ 8,25,000|
|Social Media Manager||₹ 3,47,000|
|SEO Manager||₹ 5,22,000|
|Email Marketing Specialist||₹ 4,10,000|
|Content Writer||₹ 2,85,000|
|Sales Lead||₹ 3,59,000|
|Digital Marketing Intern||₹ 1,20,000|
|Business Development Manager||₹ 5,98,000|
|eCommerce Manager||₹ 4,79,000|
|Brand Marketing Manager||₹ 9,87,000|
|Product Manager||₹ 13,17,000|
|Business Analyst||₹ 6,06,000|
|Data Analyst||₹ 4,39,000|
|Lead Generation Specialist||₹ 3,45,000|
|Communications Officer||₹ 4,79,000|
|Sales Executive||₹ 2,38,000|
Which are the Top Companies Recruiting for Digital Marketing in Delhi?
Various agencies focus primarily on Digital Marketing and its aspects. These are the top recruiters for candidates aspiring to enter this field. Some of the top names are:
Simply put, where there is a website, there is a need for a Digital Marketer. In addition to this, almost every major organization recruits specialists in Digital Marketing as they try to establish their online presence. Companies such as these that recruit Marketers and SEO specialists are listed below.
- SG Analytics
What are the Day-to-Day Tasks Involved in the Profession of Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing includes various fields like Business Analysis, Traditional Marketing, Content Writing, and a lot more. A Digital Marketer should be efficient in all of these, or at least have some basic knowledge. Their work includes looking after Brand Awareness, Ad Campaigns, Content Preparation, Designing, etc.
The points below give the detailed day-to-day tasks that a Digital Marketing Manager or a Digital Marketing Executive must perform.
- Developing a strategy for content preparation to ensure that the online objectives are met.
- Utilizing SEO and SMO skills to optimize the websites to rank on SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages).
- Optimizing the entire website structure so that ranks improve and more traffic comes to the website.
- Running various ads and campaigns on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Lead generation and increasing the lead-to-client conversion rate.
- Getting backlinks from different websites to increase the authority of the article and the overall website, thus increasing the Domain Authority (DA).
- Checking Google Analytics from time to time to understand the trends in the viewers and audience. Analyzing these trends and thus adjusting the strategies.
- Managing social media handles through interactive posts and sessions to increase the company’s social media presence.
- Managing budget and the complete money inflow and outflow. Never forget that the main objective is to increase the company’s revenue.
- Holding meetings to brainstorm ideas and developing the best, latest, and innovative strategies.
- Looking after the UI/UX of the website and coordinating with the UI Developer to modify it to improve the user experience.
- Creating more landing pages so that there are more chances of users landing on the website.
- Staying aware of the latest trends and adopting them in your activities. For example, different meme trends make headlines now and then, even in advertisements by reputed companies.
- Preparing final reports showing a holistic review of different campaigns and their success/conversion rate.
What are the Skills Required from a Digital Marketer?
There is a massive demand for digital marketing in delhi, and so is the number of job seekers. So, it becomes crucial for you to have adequate skills to get the best job without too much hustle. Some of the key skills which recruiters are looking for in their employees are listed below.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- SMO (Social Media Optimization)
- SMM (Social Media Marketing)
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Content Preparation
- Using Social Media Platforms
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Internet Marketing
- Communication Skills
- IT Skills
- Facebook Ad Manager
- Brand Management
There are numerous skills which you would be required to perform, and thus the list is endless. However, covering most of the skills mentioned above is enough to secure an excellent lucrative job. Other specialized skills can be learned along with the job, whenever it is required.
To earn these skills, there are various online courses available from websites like Google, Simplilearn, Udemy, Coursera, etc. “Google Digital Marketing” course is the most popular course as it is being offered by the company which is eventually responsible for managing your most popular SERPs. This course by Google is completely free and easy to understand.
So if you are also interested in this field and planning to join a Digital Marketing certificate course, we would recommend you join it now. The course is easy to understand once you complete a couple of initial classes, and the career is booming at an enormous rate.