Lake Forest provides different kinds of activities to do for both locals and tourists alike, starting from historic buildings and outdoor recreational activities to excellent restaurants and wineries. There are many amazing places you can visit to witness the history of Lake forest for history lovers. Places like; the Arden Helena Modjeska Historic House or the Heritage Hill Historic Park. There are lots of attraction sites in the lake forest, some of them are:
- The lovely Arden Helena Modjeska Historic House and Gardens: The story behind this house is truly amazing. Located on the banks of Santiago Creek, it belongs to Helena Modjeska
- Avila’s El Ranchito: This is a Mexican restaurant that has been in service since 1966. They serve amazing Mexican cuisine
- Lake Forest Sports Park: This is a recreational center for a family fun time.
- Modjeska Playhouse
- Frisby Cellars Winery
- The Scene Escape Rooms
- Heritage Hill Historical Park
Traveling to the US for the first time
To travel to the United States, you must check esta status. If you don’t have, you must necessarily obtain authorization from the US authorities in the form of a visa or, if the conditions are met, in the form of an electronic ESTA authorization.
If you plan to leave several people to the American continent, it will therefore be necessary that each has obtained this famous authorization. Now, although the usa esta application process is greatly simplified and done exclusively online, making individual applications can take longer and prepare your stay more complex.
But you can make a group application. A single person then takes on the task of asking the question for the whole group and receives a response from the authorities.
If you decide to apply for a group ESTA, the first thing to do is to designate a trusted person who will be in charge of carrying out the procedures for all passengers in the group. Before starting the online application, this person must ensure that he has all the information that will be requested. Each traveler must note the following:
- The complete identity
- The date and place of birth
- The number of the biometric or electronic passport
- The address
- The profession
- Previous trips to the United States or elsewhere
Hotel Near Lake Forest IL
- Super 8 by Wyndham Mundelein/Libertyville Area
- Motel 6 Elk Grove Village, IL – O’Hare
- Sleep Inn near Great Lakes Naval Base
- Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg / Convention Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
- Sonesta Simply Suites Chicago Waukegan
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Lincolnshire
- La Quinta by Wyndham Bannockburn-Deerfield
- Holiday Inn Express Chicago Northwest-Vernon Hills, an IHG Hotel
- DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville-Mundelein
Lake Forest Hiking Trails
- Dreaded Hill and Whiting Road Loop: this is a 7.9 km highly trafficked loop hiking trail found near Lake Forest that has many beautiful flowers and is listed to be moderate. The hiking trail provides several activity options and can be visited throughout the year.
- Edison Trail to Whiting Ranch: this is a 9.5 km out and back hiking trail found near Lake Forest that provides the opportunity of seeing various wildlife and is listed moderate.
- Whiting to Luge Loop Trail: this is a twenty-kilometer moderately visited loop hiking trail close to Lake Forest with wildflowers and is listed as moderate.
- Borrego Canyon Trail to Billy Goat Loop: this is an 8.4 km extremely trafficked loop hiking trail close to Lake Forest that has many fascinating wildflowers and provides many activity options.
- Whiting Road to Billy Goat Loop and Borrego Canyon Lookout: this is an 11.1 km moderately visited loop trail found close to Lake Forest. Also features wildflowers and is open for visiting throughout the year.
- Serrano Creek Trail: this is also an 11.9 km moderately toured out and back trail found near Lake Forest. It has a river and is perfect for every skill level. Horses and dogs are similarly able to make use of this hiking trail.